FAMILY VISA (Subclasses 820 and 801)
Join your family in Australia. Learn the Australian immigration process for relatives, whether you're an Australian citizen or looking to immigrate. From partner visas to family sponsorship, there are many ways to immigrate to this sunny island continent. Learn the process.
This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently. It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).
With this visa you can
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
A parent category visa allows you to:
- live in Australia for up to 2 years as a temporary resident, or
- live in Australia as an Australian permanent resident.
There are many visa types for Parents of Australian citizens or Permanent residents who like to bring their parents to Australia.
JOJO International has a specialized team in Parent and Family Migration.
Whether inside or outside Australia we can assist you in a range of family migration including Parent, Aged Parent, Contributory Parent visas. Contact us to get updated information on family migration options.
You might be eligible to apply for a parent category visa if:
- you have a child who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- your child has been living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years before you lodge your visa application
- you have a sponsor
- you meet the Balance of family test criteria
- you meet health and character requirements.